Facilities The main room of our 2500 sq. feet studio is an open air conditioned space outfitted with 15 electric pottery wheels, a Peter Pugger pug-mill machine, numerous workstations for hand building and glazing, concrete wedging tables, a 2" slab roller, a 4" extruder, an environment-friendly special sink for recycling clay, five state-of-the-art electric kilns that can fire up to cone 10 and a variety of tools and molds. The well ventilated kiln and green ware area, separated from our main room, has direct access to a fenced yard which is used for glazing and clay reclamation. We offer a wide range of clay bodies and glazes (commercially and studio made), different firing methods, crates for personal tools and ample space for work in progress, bisque ware and exhibition of finished pieces. We also feature glass fusing and lampworking capabilities and offer open access membership in our warm glass fusing arts & crafts studio (or pay per day access) to people that want to make their own dichroic glass jewelry and glass artwork without setting up a costly home glass fusing studio.
Join our studio facilities using one of the access plans below. As beneficial as our plans might be, you will get the greatest value from the relationships you establish with our other members. They are a lively group of down-to-earth people from all walks of life with mixed backgrounds, skills and talents. Some are new to ceramics, others proficient artists. All are resourceful, always willing to give you a helping hand should you get stuck in the mud. They all have a common passion for making pottery artwork and love sharing it with other members. Come and join them anytime!
- Unlimited use of our art and craft studio facilities, tools and glazes during business hours for a month.
- Clay costs $25.00/bag and covers bisque and glaze firings.
- Crate for storage of clay and personal tools.
- Display of finished pieces in our studio gallery.
- Promotion of artwork in MIY Ceramics website.
- Marketing of members for commission work.
- Bring one guest a month for one day for free.
- Discounts on specialized ceramics workshops.
- Free use of glass facility plus 15% off in warm glass fusing artwork classes & also in lampworking|flameworking beading hot glass torch art classes
- Unlimited use of our art and craft studio facilities and tools during business hours for that day only.
- Clay is $40.00 for a 25 pound bag and covers bisque and glaze firings.
- You may bring clay and pay for firings separatel
* Prepay 12 months of membership and get two months free