POTTERY OPEN ACCESS STUDIO
MIY Ceramics is an open pottery studio. We’re an open playground and learning center studio for people that want to make pottery without setting up an expensive home studio. We are a unique playground for clay enthusiasts, recreational potters and ceramic artists who come to our studio to make pottery or to take pottery classes. Skilled potters and people that took our pottery classes can access use our open ceramics art studio facilities to make pottery under flexible access plans. If want to unwind, meet other people that have “clay in common” and be inspired by an endless flow of artistic ideas, join this group. Our communal setting will help you learn new skills and enhance existing ones as you make pottery, see other potters work and exchange experiences and ideas with them. We provide all you need: classes, studio space, glazes, wheels, tools, clay, kiln firings, expertise and support. You provide the talent!
POTTERY STUDIO FACILITIES
The main room of our 2500 sq. feet studio is an open air conditioned space outfitted with 15 electric pottery wheels, a Peter Pager clay pug-mill machine, several workstations for pottery hand building and glazing, concrete wedging tables, a 2×4 ft clay slab roller, a 4 inch extruder, an environment friendly special sink for recycling clay, 8 electric kilns and counting! We also have a variety of tools and molds available for use or purchase. The well ventilated kiln and green ware area, separated from our main room, has direct access to a fenced yard which is used for glazing and clay reclamation. We offer a wide range of clay bodies and glazes (commercially and studio made), different firing methods, crates for personal tools and ample space for work in progress, bisque ware and exhibition of finished pieces. Join our studio facilities using one of the access plans below. The other half of the building houses our pottery handbuilding glass lampworking, paint your own pottery areas t property mosaic making areas. As beneficial as our plans might be, you will get the greatest value from the relationships you establish with our other members. They are a lively group of down-to-earth people from all walks of life with mixed backgrounds, skills and talents. Some are new to ceramics, others proficient artists. All are resourceful, always willing to give you a helping hand should you get stuck in the mud. They all have a common passion for making pottery artwork and love sharing it with other members. Come and join them anytime!
Open Access Pottery Art Studio Monthly Membership
- Unlimited use of pottery studios during business hours for a month.
- Clay costs $20/bag plus 2 cents per cubic inch for bisque and glaze firings, You may bring clay and pay for firings separately
- Crate for storage of clay and personal tools.
- Display of finished pieces in our studio gallery.
- Marketing of members for commission work.
- Discounts on specialized ceramics workshops.
- Full access to our glass fusing studio facilities at no cost
- 50% off on all our art classes and workshops
- Click here to see our price list.
Open Access Pottery Studio Pay-Per-Day Rate
- Unlimited use of pottery studio facilities and tools during business hours for that day only.
- Clay costs $20 for a 25 pound bag and covers bisque and glaze firings. You may bring clay and pay for firings separately.